CONNECTIONS AND FRIENDSHIP EXHIBITION
Close of Entries Friday 6th October
Delivery of works Tuesday 17th October
Opening event Friday 20th October
Exhibition closes Sunday 29th October
Member artists of the Launceston Art Society
are invited to submit works to this exhibition,
focusing on the theme of connections and friendships
Conditions of Entry
1. Work will only be accepted from artists who were financial full or student members of LAS prior to the exhibition.
2. Entry forms must be completed and returned by the advertised closing date together with the entry fee of $5.00.
3. 2d and 3d works are welcome. Please provide size detail on your entry form, and attach an identification label to your work. (see item No. 8). 2D and 3D entries must be suitable to hang on a wall.
4. All work must be no more than two years old, the original work of the exhibitor and not previously exhibited in an LAS exhibition. Paintings from workshops or tutored sessions or wet work will not be accepted.
5. All work to be exhibited must be delivered to the exhibition venue on the advertised delivery date and at the correct time. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. A label with the artist’s name, contact details, medium and price of work is to be securely fixed to the BACK LOWER RIGHT HAND SIDE (back view). The labels are available for printing here.
7. Selection of paintings for display may be made by members of the committee, or by the LGH curator. Their decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. No work, after it has been accepted and hung, shall be moved nor removed from the venue until the exhibition has closed unless agreed to with the Exhibition Co-ordinator.
9. All artworks must have D rings for hanging, and wire stringing.
10. If your work is framed, it must be to a professional standard. Unframed canvases are considered suitable as long as the edges are tidy.
11. Each member may submit two works.
12. Artists agree that images of their work may be used for promotional purposes, eg Facebook, website, flyers etc.
13. All entries must be for sale and a 20% commission will apply.
14. No work, after it has been accepted and hung, shall be moved nor removed from the venue until the exhibition has closed unless agreed to with the Exhibition Co-Ordinator.
15. No exhibited paintings may be sold prior to the exhibition, or by private treaty. All exhibited works must be sold through the LAS, and be subject to commission.
16. Paintings, both sold and unsold, need to be collected at the advertised collection time. All care will be taken with work, but LAS will not be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any work in the exhibition. Artists are advised to insure their own work.
17. Artists who have a registered ABN are responsible for their own GST.
For further information contact Joanna Castle 0408624681 or email email@example.com